J & W Tait Ltd was established in 1870 by cousins John and William Tait. Originally an ironmongers and hardware shop, the company has evolved to provide a wide range of products and services to the Orkney community and beyond. We are amongst the few firms in Orkney which are still family run after five generations.
We sell a wide range of agricultural supplies including animal feedstuffs, fertilisers, spray chemicals, grass seed, concrete slats, tractors and agricultural machinery.
We supply new and used cars and commercial vehicles, ATVs, outboard engines and power and groundcare equipment. In our workshop we do everything from servicing and MOTs to in depth diagnostics and performance tuning. We also have a steel fabrication workshop specialising in agricultural machinery repairs and general mechanical and structural projects.
Our spare parts department stocks a comprehensive range of parts for vehicles, agricultural machinery, lawn mowers & power equipment. We also sell restoration parts for older model tractors & machines as well as tools and toys.